Inform Your Customers About Outages, Payment Reminders, Prepaid Meter Replenishment and Much More
Utilities can now provide information about outages, payments, usage and even prepaid meter status via text message. Whether done automatically by integrating with one of our many partners or manually using our web-based apps we get the information to your customers when they need it most.
Studies show that 80% of utility customers - of all demographics - prefer receiving outage and payment alerts via text instead of email or calls.
It's simple to setup and the lowest cost method of communicating with your customer base. It can be done automatically through an interface between your outage management system (OMS) or billing provider and our system. You set the criteria – when something happens or reaches a predetermined threshold, alerts are automatically sent to a single cell phone or group of cell phones, advising them of the occurrence (outages, overdue bills, etc.).
You can send messages manually use our simple web-based apps or integrate into your OMS or billing provider using TextPower’s sophisticated SOAP interface (a form of computer-to-computer communication). You benefit from reduced costs, improved customer service, significant reductions in consumption and improved customer satisfaction.
Alerts and updates can also be sent manually using our simple, straightforward web-based apps. Login from anywhere to send messages securely to your entire database or selected groups of employees, customers or other personnel.
- Outage alerts, updates and notifications:
- Integrated with most major outage management systems (OMS) for automated functions
- Easily integrate with trouble reporting systems for automated dispatch of field service personnel
- Customers can send outage reports to you via text message
- Notification to the mobile phones of those to be impacted by outages
- Avoid outages while informing customers in real-time with notices of Stage 2 or Stage 3 Alerts and the need to curtail consumption
- Perfect for conservation and "Beat the Peak" notifications
- Sending alerts and updates for conservation efforts works. Read about it here.
- Install our widget on your web site to facilitate easy "opt-in" for your customers. Try it!
- One Midwest utility reduced kWh billed at premium peak rates by 64%. Download the case study.
- Ideal for use with prepaid meters:
- Allow customers to recharge prepaid meters via a text message
- Automate notifications to prepaid customers of diminishing meter allowance
- Our platform features:
- Fully redundant infrastructure
- Reaches virtually every cell phone in the United States
- Secure software platform
- Exclusive "automated retry" of messages that fail due to carrier non-delivery issues
- Easy segmentation of your customer base to send situation-specific messages
- Fastest throughput in the industry - thousands of messages per minute.
- A load-tested system - we deliver millions of messages monthly
- Use AlertDispatcher™ to safely communicate with field personnel via SMS instead of two-way radios
- Use text messaging as "small data packets" to remotely poll - and even control - sensors, meters, relays and more.
- Improve customer satisfaction with real-time rating/surveys of customers via 2-way text messaging
- Isolate fault sources
- One step opt-in process for customers via simple text from phone or webpage signup 24x7 without staff overhead
Utilities of all sizes, all around the country, are using TextPower's SmartAlerts™ to help them communicate directly with their customers.
Copyright © 2013 TextPower, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
TextPower, Inc., 27134-A Paseo Espada, Suite 324, San Juan Capistrano, California, 92675
Phone: (818) 222-8600, Send email or text "TPI" to for more info.
TextPower's services are compatible with all major cellular carriers including:
Alltel, AT&T, Boost Mobile, Cellcom, Cellular One, Cellular South, Cincinnati Bell, Cricket, Nextel, nTelos, Sprint PCS, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile and many others
Click here for detailed help, how to stop service and terms on short code use